Sunday, January 18, 2009

Welcome! My first blog post


Hi Everyone. Welcome to my blog, “Revealing Refinement.”

My goal with this blog is to share my observations on the details in life. I will write about various experiences, both ones I like and ones I dislike. Like a personal yelp.com, I’ll take a look at what made it enjoyable or not. Basically, I want to ask the question, “What can I get out of this experience?”

This idea started from a trip to Alberta, Canada about four years ago. We had gone to what was then the world’s largest mall, and naturally, I had some spending money. But I don’t go shopping. So my friend Jaren insisted that I spend a lot of money on food.

On food? I had never done that before. But the money wasn’t going anywhere else, so why not? After experiencing how food could have so many levels of quality, I have slowly become convinced that we can most enjoy the moments in our lives by paying attention to the details.

This won’t necessarily be a blog of my life, since I think there is only a small number of readers interested in that. (Although, if friends and family want to follow it for this reason, it couldn’t hurt.) But this is to help us enjoy life. And, if nothing else, serve the same purpose as the conversation, “hey man, guess what? I found this cool __(item/restaurant/etc.)__the other day!”

So please feel free to leave comments about what you like and what you dislike. I don’t pretend to be an expert on any of the topics I write about, so I’m open to new ideas. Discuss and enjoy!

1 comment: